Friday, July 17, 2009

Chance of Rain

Here we are...it's Friday, and the Austin area FINALLY has a chance of rain! After neverending, three-digit degree temperatures, it seems we may have a slight opportunity to be outdoors without melting away.

Today, I have a busy day scheduled to deliver DIY Beary Cute Parties, go to my favorite store, Super Target, and take the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese. (Yes, not my favorite place to go to, but the boys REALLY want to go.)

What's a mom to do?

In the busy, multitasking day of a WAHM, sometimes we just need to put everything aside for what should be the main focus of our life: our children.

As the summer dwindles down and the start of a new school year is upon us, I tend to realize what little time I have left to enjoy the "crazy days of summer": Last night, as my husband was headed to bed, the boys and I decided we wanted to "rumble tumble" with The Daddio.

There we were, midnight, and a family of four just being crazy and having some fun: M "cannon- balled my husband, and C protected me as usual from M's thunderous feet -- it was sooo funny!

Yet, it is times like these that remind me that summer is slowly coming to an end. Before I know it, it'll be back to waking up at 6 am, packing lunches, and getting the kids ready for their first day of school.

Am I ready for our youngest to enter Kindergarten? No. Is a mother EVER prepared to walk their youngest into their first day of school? No.

If you're a mom, just like me, stop -- just stop -- what you're doing and focus on what's truly important in life -- our children. Before we know it, they grow up, and we don't want to look back and wish we had spent more time with them...if only I could take back time!

So, I'm taking the boys to Chuck E Cheese today because there's a chance of rain and because nothing can be more important than enjoying the time that we have.

Be blessed and have a fantastic weekend!

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster